General Editorial Policies
The following policies apply to all content, including content provided by our Partners. They are designed to support the key principles of objectivity, dialogue, and transparency.
- All content posted on buildingscience.com is subject to BSC approval and may be edited by BSC staff. This includes, but is not limited to, original writing, reposted writing, images, multimedia content, and links to external material.
- BSC may, at its sole discretion, invite new Partners or other stakeholders to contribute to buildingscience.com. These contributors may include anyone who, in the opinion of BSC staff, would enhance the dialogue on a given building science issue.
- Content produced by Partners or other stakeholders will be clearly identified as such. Where appropriate, the author(s) will be listed together with associated company names. In some cases, a corporate author may be listed.
- Content produced by BSC staff is not subject to Partner or other stakeholder approval prior to posting, except where the content is part of a formal agreement separate from buildingscience.com. For example, reports produced for a consulting client would not be posted without that client’s explicit written permission.
- Except where publication rights are formally shared through an explicit written agreement, all materials on buildingscience.com are copyright of Building Science Corporation. Please see our Conditions of Use for more information.